Continuing Membership

To remain a member in good standing, an Honors College student must fulfill the following requirements:

  • Honors College General Education: Honors College General Education Requirements replaces University Integrative Studies (IAH, ISS, ISB, ISP, WRA) Requirements. Visit the Honors College General Education Requirements page to learn more about completing an enriched program of study in general education.

  • Honors Experiences: Students must complete at least three Honors experiences by the end of the second Spring semester and at least eight total Honors experiences by graduation. Honors experiences provide an opportunity for in-depth study of specific course topics/topics of interest.

  • Honors College Academic Progress Plan (HCAPP): Complete the HCAPP forms, as described below:

    The Self-Reflection Summary (SRS) form must be submitted annually during enrollment time each Spring (due in May).

    The General Education Substitution Request form is completed ‘as needed,’ when a student enrolls in a substitution course. Substitutions must be approved in advance of taking the course.

    Visit the HCAPP page more information, including instructions and specific due dates.
  • GPA: Establish a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2 during the freshman year and maintain a GPA of at least 3.2 until graduation.

Student records will be reviewed regularly. Students who do not meet the above continuing membership requirements will face release from the Honors College.

If you have any questions about the above requirements or anything else related to Honors College, contact your Honors College Academic Specialist/Advisor.