Research Programs

Research, Independent Study, or Thesis Courses

Students who are highly interested in an area of study may take advantage of the opportunity to do research, an independent project, or thesis with a professor. An Honors thesis is required for Honors College members in several majors but is optional for all other majors. Students are often required to obtain special permission before enrolling in a research, independent study, or thesis course and should check with the department offering the course about enrollment procedures.

Students engaging in research may apply for modest support through the Honors College Research Fund. Those planning a senior thesis or similar project may apply for a Genevieve Gillette Fellowship or a Hymen and Miriam Stein Scholarship.