Michigan State University is a leader in offering research options for academically talented students in every discipline.
- Connects leading faculty mentors with undergraduate students
- Fosters the development of the student's knowledge and academic skills
- Enables student researchers to consider publishing and presenting their work at regional or national conferences
- Encourages development of the students' own independent research
- Provides a competitive edge for students considering graduate school
Research programs, especially for Honors College members, include paid assistantships as well as research and independent study classes for credit.
Research Publications and Presentations
Red Cedar Undergraduate Research Journal (ReCUR) - an academic journal published by the Honors College
University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum - held each spring with presentation opportunities for students in all areas of study
Modest support for research, including independent study and thesis work, is available.
Additional Helpful Links
MSU Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
Venture - a database of research, scholarship and creative opportunities available to MSU undergraduates
MSU IDEAS for freshmen interested in science