To remain a member in good standing, an Honors College student must fulfill the following requirements:

  • HC General Education: Honors College General Education replaces University Integrative Studies (IAH, ISS, ISB, ISP, WRA) requirements.  More information on completing an enriched program of study in general education is available here: General Education.

  • Honors Experiences: Honors experiences provide an opportunity for in-depth study of specific course topics/topics of interest.  Students pursue an enriched program of study that will ultimately include at least eight Honors-caliber courses.  

    • NOTE: Students must complete at least three of the eight Honors experiences by the end of the spring semester of their second year.       

  • Honors College Academic Progress Plan (HCAPP): Complete the HCAPP forms, as described below:  

    • The Self-Reflection Summary (SRS) form must be submitted annually during enrollment time each Spring (due in May).

    • The General Education Substitution Request form is completed ‘as needed,’ when a student enrolls in a substitution course.  Substitutions must be approved in advance of taking the course.

    • Click here for more information about the HCAPP, including instructions and due dates.

  • GPA: Establish a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2 during the freshman year and maintain a GPA of at least 3.2 until graduation.

Student records will be reviewed regularly. Students who do not meet the above continuing membership requirements will face release from the Honors College.

If you have any questions about the above requirements or anything else related to Honors College, contact your Honors College adviser.